This workshop aims to explore how to support a child or young person who may have experienced a traumatic death in the family or may be experiencing complex or prolonged grief due to personal circumstances.
· To gain an understanding of the signs of potential complex grief.
· To review the impact of multiple losses upon the grieving process for both adults and children, young people.
· To consider the impact of sudden traumatic death in relation to children or young people including death by suicide, murder or accidents.
· To explore the grief process of the surviving parent/carer in relation to traumatic death and the potential impact on the child or young person
· To develop greater confidence in providing support and when to refer on for further support.
· To gain information on resources available.
Who Should Attend?
For all professionals who have ideally previously attended our Introduction to Bereavement course (or have some previous bereavement training) who work with bereaved children and young people.
Cost £85 - to include lunch, refreshments, and a CPD certificate