Schools and Professionals


We're pleased to announce that we are now delivering our training workshops online!

Training will be delivered in two, 3-hour sessions:

10th & 17th May - Supporting Children Pre-Bereavement
21st & 28th May - Teenagers - Supporting Young Adults 

Click here to go through to Eventbright for all Mosaic course bookings.

Further dates for 2021 will be added soon.

Only £60 per person for both sessions!

"Thank you very much for the opportunity to train during difficult times. The information was up to date as we discussed and highlighted Covid 19 information and support. The breakout rooms were a brilliant idea as it gave everyone the opportunity to discuss and share their ideas.”

This workshop will now also include a section on supporting grieving children through the Coronavirus Pandemic. For more information email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or click here to go to Eventbrite to book your place. 

Simple Wild Lion Facebook Cover

Mosaic offers telephone advice and training to professionals who may need to support a bereaved child or young person during their grief.

Click to open our Professionals Leaflet

**Please note that due to Coronavirus, all training courses due to take place before the end of 19/20 academic year have been cancelled / postponed. All delegates booked on to these courses should have received notification, however if you have any questions please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. **

Telephone Advice and Support

Although it is an emotional time for children and young people who have been bereaved, it can also be a difficult experience for those who are supporting them in schools and other settings. We have therapists based in the Mosaic office who are here to answer your queries and offer advice and support when you need it. As our referrals come from schools, we advise getting in touch with our therapists to ensure that referrals are being made at an appropriate time. 

If you would like some advice about how best to support a bereaved child or young person, you can call our office on 01258 837 071 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


'Not knowing what to say' is the most common statement we hear from those who support bereaved children and young people. Our courses aim to tackle this with a balance of theory and practical creative ways to enable you to offer support at an emotional time.

We offer two different types of training:

Individual training courses on a specific aspect of bereavement, all of which are listed below. These are day long courses open to anyone who works with children who feel they would be of benefit to them. Please note that we request delegates have attended our 'Introduction to Childhood Bereavement' or other similar training before attending our other courses.

Bespoke training courses where we will write and deliver training to cover your specific need. If, once you have looked at our training courses you feel this would be the better option, please call us to discuss this further.

Click here to view the training programme in full.

(Please note all dates are POSTPONED due to the pandemic - a new Training Programme will be released in due course - please contact us if you're interested in online training) 

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Phone: 01258 837 071


Monday 14th September 2020 - CANCELLED
Wednesday 14th October 2020 - CANCELLED
 Wednesday 30th September 2020 - CANCELLED
Monday 16th November 2020 - CANCELLED

Wednesday 10th June 2020 - CANCELLED
Wednesday 7th October 2020 - CANCELLED

Why should I have training?

Approximately 2,500 children in Dorset will suffer a bereavement of someone close to them every year. Often children will not know who to turn to during this difficult time and can feel very isolated from their peers. Our training courses will help you to feel more confident talking to a bereaved child which will be incredibly valuable to the child and their family. 

Between September 2018 - June 2019 we had 300 delegates through our training programmes with 75% of these rating our training as 'Excellent'. The remaining 25% rated our training as 'Very Good' and 'Good'.

Infant and Primary School Assemblies 
In addition to our training we also run a FREE and interactive 15 minute 'Introduction to Grief' session. To find out more click here.

Registered Charity no. 1158138