An introductory workshop to provide information and guidance regarding child bereavement.
· To gain a basic overview of loss, grief and bereavement.
· To understand how a child’s age and development influences a child’s understanding of death.
· To develop confidence and skills for supporting a bereaved child.
· To appreciate the importance of self-awareness in supporting others.
· To develop practical skills in working with telling the story, dealing with difficult feelings and memories.
· To recognise the importance of looking after ourselves and identify ways of supporting ourselves.
· To consider practical resources to use with children.
Who Should Attend?
An introductory workshop suitable for individuals (with little or limited previous bereavement training) from all professions who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in bereavement.
£85 for 2017/8 dates - to include lunch, refreshments, and a CPD certificate