To assist childcare workers develop an understanding of the impact of death upon a pre-school child. To develop skills, knowledge and confidence when supporting a bereaved young child.
· To develop a basic understanding of the impact of loss and grief on a young child’s development
· To gain an insight into a young child’s understanding of death
· To consider how best to meet the needs of young children affected by the death of someone close to them
· To recognize the importance of developing positive relationships with young children and their families
· To consider appropriate ways to support pre-school child
Who Should Attend?
For all professionals who have ideally previously attended our Introduction to Bereavement course (or have some previous bereavement training) who work in the early years setting.
Cost £85 to include lunch, refreshments, and a CPD certificate