Courses

Mosaic offers training to any organisation or individual who may need to offer support to a bereaved child or young person during their grief.

Click here to download the Mosaic Training Booking Form 2018

Not knowing what to say” is the most common statement when it comes to supporting children and young people, our courses aim to tackle this with a balance of theory and practical, creative ways to provide them with support through this emotional time.

We offer two different types of training:

Individual training courses on a specific aspect of bereavement, all of which are listed below, these are day long courses open to anyone who works with children who feel they would be of benefit to them.
Alternatively, if your workplace has a specific need we are able to offer a bespoke service, where we will write and deliver the training to cover that specific need. If once you have looked at our training day courses you feel this would be the better option, please let us know and we can discuss this further.

Booking
Call: 01258 837071
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

All courses will be held at the Orangery Suite, Merley House Lane, Wimborne, BH21 3AA and will run from 9:00am – 4:15pm.

‘Introduction to Childhood Bereavement’
Monday 24th September 2018

‘Working Creatively with Bereaved Children’
Wednesday 13th June 2018

‘Teenagers - Supporting Young Adults’
Wednesday 10th October 2018

‘Supporting Children Pre-Bereavement’
Monday 1st October 2018

‘Special Educational Needs’
Monday 12th November 2018

‘Traumatic and Complex Grief in Children and Young People’
Monday 4th June 2018

‘Early Years’ - Supporting bereaved pre-school children
Wednesday 21st March 2018

Infant and Primary School Assemblies
We are pleased to be able to offer this new initiative for the 2018 school year and beyond.
Meet Billy the Elephant, Prickles the Hedgehog and Pip the Grieving Bunny.
Puppets resized
These puppets are available to attend infant and primary schools with their interactive 15 minute, introduction to grief session.
Pip the bereaved bunny, is helped to understand his confusing feelings whilst Billy and Prickles learn how to support their friend. This helps children to understand how they can make their friends feel supported if they are ever in this situation.
“The conversation between the two puppets about losing their friend was sensitive and touching and enabled the children to see that it was ok to talk about death” Head-teacher of Infant School
If you would like a visit from these Mosaic colleagues, please contact us at the Mosaic office and let us know.
We hope to meet as many children as possible over the school year.

Why should I have training?
In 2016, we reached over 450 people through our training programme and 80% of delegates rated our training as ‘Excellent’ and a valuable educational experience. The remaining 20% rated it as ‘Very Good’ or ‘Good’.

In Dorset, there are approximately 2500 children who will suffer the death of someone close to them every year. Often, they will not know who to turn to during this difficult emotional time, can feel isolated from their peers and ‘different’. This training will help you have more confidence in talking to the bereaved child which will be incredibly valuable to the child and their family.

“Knowing it is acceptable to have this conversation with a child”
– delegate attending Early Years-Supporting Preschool Children Training
“Gave me the confidence to approach the difficult subjects and not be afraid to say the wrong thing.” – delegate attending Introduction to Childhood Bereavement Course.
“Listening to a parent who had experienced complex grief was very helpful” – delegate attending the Complex Grief Course
“I learnt the importance of being honest with SEN children around bereavement and some ideas on how to support them” – delegate attending the SEN course
“I found the practical suggestions of activities to do with grieving teenagers helpful” – delegate attending the Teenagers – Supporting Young People Course
“His confidence has increased in class; he is participating more and his enthusiasm has returned” – feedback from a teacher after knowing how best to help support a child.

Registered Charity no. 1158138

  • Cookie Policy
  • Copyright Mosaic Family Support